What is docker?
A docker container does not need a separate operating system instead it relies on the Linux kernel’s functionality and uses resource isolation.
Benefits of docker:
- Speed up the project or application deployment procedure
- Docker has API for container management
- Easily transferable and shareable. We can develop locally, deploy to the cloud easily
- As it does not require an OS, it is lightweight
- Any type of application can be containerized as docker is flexible
- It is possible to scale by increasing and automatically distributing container replicas.
- The deploy updates and upgrades can be done on-the-fly.