Magnesium is a very important mineral. Magnesium is naturally present in a variety of foods. This mineral helps more than 300 enzymes to perform various chemical reactions in the body. It plays an important role in making proteins, building strong bones, controlling blood sugar, and controlling blood pressure.
Magnesium is also very effective in relieving insomnia, relieving stress, reducing migraine problems, and controlling muscle and nerve activities.
Without adequate amounts of magnesium in the body, problems occur in the heart, bones, muscles, nerves, and other organs. Studies have shown that a higher magnesium diet reduces the risk of various diseases. Because the magnesium-rich diet works to increase immunity.
Daily magnesium intake:
- For children 1-3 years: 60 mg
- For children 4-6 years: 130 mg
- For 9-13 year olds: 240 mg
- For 14-16 year olds: 410 mg for boys and 360 mg for girls
- For adults 19-30: 400 mg for men and 310 mg for women
- For adults 31+ years of age: 420 mg for men and 320 mg for women
High magnesium rich foods
We can get enough magnesium from green vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and fish. The magnesium rich
foods are discussed below: