Nutritoins of water spinach :
Water spinach is the power house of nutritions. It’s juice is also very beneficial. Some of the notable nutritions of water spinach are given below:
Percentage of RDA
- Water: 90%
- Protein: 4.5%
- Fiber: 5.5%
- Carbohydrate: 2%
- Vitamin C: 92%
- Vitamin A: 210%
- Iron: 21%
- Magnesium: 18%
- Sodium: 7.5%
- Calcium: 8%
Health benefits of water spinach:
Water spinach is very nutritious. It contains plenty of vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent source of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, vitamin ‘A’ and vitamin ‘C’. Below are the health benefits of the water spinach:
- There is 5.5% fiber in water spinach. So, if we eat water spinach regularly then it will help reducing constipation.
- Water spinach acts as an antidote to chieken pox disease.
- Water spinach helps reducing blood deficiency because it has 21% iron.
- Due to the abundance of calcium in water spinach, it helps to strengthen bones. So it is equally beneficial for both adult and children to strengthen bones.
- Water spinach has plenty of vitamin ‘A’. So it is very good for the eyes.
- Ants, bees, or any worm bites, the pain will be reduced if use the juice by smashing water spinach.
- Water spinach is good for skin and hair.
- There is plenty of vitamin C in water spinach. It is beneficial for coughing as well as increasing our immune system.
After birth, if the child does not get enough breast milk, then if we feed water spinach to mother then baby will get sufficient milk.