Foods to increase memory, focus and brain function.
The foods we eat can have a big impact on the structure and health of our brain. Eating a brain boosting diet can support both short and long-term brain function.
The brain is an energy-intensive organ, using around 20% of the bodies calories, so it needs plenty of good fuel to maintain concentration throughout the day.
There are certain nutrients for brain to stay healthy.
For example– 1. Omega-3 fatty acids (build and repair brain cells) and
2. Antioxidants ( stress and inflammation which are linked to brain ageing and neurodegenerative disorders)
Brain need a boost ? These are the 15-best brain boosting foods————-
- Nuts and seeds (For omega-3 fatty acid and antioxidant vitamin E): Foods include—Almonds, Walnut, Peanut, Sunflower seeds, Flax seeds, Pumpkin seeds etc.
- Whole Grains (For vitamin E): Foods include—Brown Rice, Whole Grain Bread, Oatmeal, Barley.
- Oily Fish (For Omega-3 fatty acid): Foods include—Sardines, mackerel, Salmon, Tuna, Herring.
- Dark Chocolate (For flavonoids-a type of antioxidant): Foods include—All types of dark chocolate, Food made by cocoa.
- Berries (Antioxidant of berries include-anthocyanin, caffeic acid, catechin, and quercetin.): Foods include—Strawberries, Black berries, Blueberries, Black currants, Mulberries.
- Eggs (For folic acid, Vitamin B6 and B12)
- Broccoli : Foods include—Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Turnip, Bok choy, Kale.
- Soy products (For Omega-3).
- Red wine.
- Green tea and Chamomile tea.
- Turmeric and extra virgin olive oil.